When In Doubt, Duffys

Great accessories can be hard to come across, especially when you are looking for that perfect piece to make a formal ensemble pop. When my friend Annie texted me a few weeks back telling me when she would be in town so we could go to Duffy Accessory in Scranton, PA I knew I had found one of those places.

Traveling to Northeastern Pennsylvania from Virginia to buy some earrings is a pretty big statement. Maureen Duffy's handmade jewelry truly make it well worth the six hour car trip. Located on Linden Street in the city made famous by the NBC hit "The Office", Duffy Accessory contains some of the greatest costume jewelry I have ever seen. I have made trips to Duffy on many formal occasions, finding earrings that compliment each and every dress I have worn to a tee.



My favorite pair (as seen above) were purchased and worn to my winter formal during my senior year of high school. Never would I have imagined that I would find a pair of earrings that could compliment my custom gown as perfectly as these did while standing out on their own and making my look complete. Individuality is important. When getting dressed every day a person should want to be themselves. Accessories accomplish this with ease.

One of the best things about Duffy Accessory is that everything is made by Duffy locally. True to the sign in the front store window, they are a small local business. Duffy succeeds not because of her killer ads or national name brand recognition, but because they are different than any competitors with prices you cannot match. Word of mouth truly does work for this local gem.

Upon walking in the door you are greeted with a smile and the information that if you find something that you like but not in the color you need it, it can be switched out. This makes Duffy even more unique and her jewelry truly one of a kind. If you can't find what you're looking for don't be afraid to let Maureen know. Chances are that she can make something special for you.

While I did not learn about these possible customizations until it was far too close to the date of the dance, with a little bit of notice your necklace can be as special as your big night.

No comments:

Post a Comment