Easy as a Slip and a Hook

Many women just cannot seem to pick out the right undergarments. While it is easy to wake up and dip your hand into that drawer and put on whatever comes out, not wearing the proper undergarments can ruin even the most haute of couture outfits.

As stated on "What Not To Wear" on various occasions, wearing the wrong undergarments can kill your look. Understandably, many women hate wearing thongs. Who would blame them? They are uncomfortable and moderately awkward but wearing a regular bikini or worse, the granny-panty will give you those pesky panty-lines. Here's the thing with panty-lines, no one actually wants to know what kind of underwear you are wearing. I do not want to see your thong when I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store. I do not want to see your bunched up granny-pantys while I am browsing sale racks.

Finding the right underwear is as simple as a stop at the mall. I personally prefer Aerie by American Eagle.



While you may say that this is an AE brand store and therefore only for teenagers, I argue that they have the best fit and the longest last for the price. I wear skinny jeans all the time, regular bikini-cut underwear show and it drives me crazy. It was not until fall of 2010 that I realized that those things called tangas ("cheekier" at Victoria's Secret) do not show at all under tight fitting pants. It's does the same thing a thong would do as far as not showing lines goes, but it's super comfortable.



My other undergarment issue occurred when I would go to wear a cotton sundress or skirt. Every time I would wear one, it would catch on my cotton underwear and stick. I would turn my body and the skirt of my dress would stay in place and get all twisted. This was when I found stretchy underwear. Again, I would go with the tanga cut but the fabric of the underwear allow for the fabric of the dress to glide over it, stopping those on-edge moments. While the lace tanga above isn't exactly like the stretch I described, it will also do the trick.

My final undergarment pet-peeve is one many ladies struggle with and it deals with your top half. So many women are currently wearing the wrong size bra, or no bra at all. For starters, it does not matter if you are small chested, put a bra on. Bras don't just give you support, but they cover up things which no one wants to see while they are waiting for their pizza.

For small chested women like myself, the right bra can completely change the way your body and clothing appear. You can buy your boobs, there is nothing wrong with adding an air push-up bra to your undergarment repertoire. Again I turn to Aerie and their wonderful push-up bra collection. I wear the paige or the emma, they work wonders.



For ladies with the opposite problem, your boobs should be around your chest, not your waist. It is not your fault that you have giant breasts, it is your fault that you are not wearing the right bra. According to Clinton Kelly, your boobs should be half-way between your shoulder and your elbow. If the girls are below that, you need a new bra. You need a bra with a stronger support system and no extra padding. For you I suggest going and getting fitted by a professional, they do exist.

Finding out your correct bra size and putting on the right underwear in the mornings will complete your look and help to make you stand out in the crowd, in all the ways you want to.

All images are property of Aerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment