All Wrapped Up

Accessories are a great to jazz up any outfit and with this season's hottest accessory being scarves, getting covered up is très chic.

Recently I stumbled upon a friend's Facebook profile and was in awe of her accessories. Margaux always posts profile pictures that are just too idyllic for words that show off her effortless sense of style that is always spot-on fashion wise. In the fall of 2010 Margaux traveled to London and got all wrapped up in some seriously fabulous scarves that made me stop and ask her, "Where ever did you find that?" .



She shocked me with her response. "I got my purse in a Gap store (fall-winter collection) and my scarf comes from a small shop in Paris (i'm not even sure that there is a "brand")," she replied. Great finds from little local shops are favorite occurrences of mine. They happen so rarely that when they do you must savor the moment and share it with your friends.

Luckily for Margaux she picked up that stylish scarf and scarves are the hottest item to hit shelves this summer. No matter what website I go to, fanciful silk printed scarves are the rage. Just the other day, I was watching the telly and all of a sudden there were scarves everywhere. Nate Berkus was turning them into skirts and dresses. Even my H&M receipt was calling my newly purchased ivory scarf, a hat.

It seems that the more creative you get with scarves the more in style your look becomes. Despite my natural inclination toward writing, creativity in the fashion arena is not a strong-suit of mine. So in order to find some hot new ways to wear my summer scarves I turned to Neiman Marcus. Their site shows all products on models and the scarves are all tied differently, showing many ways to wear them.

(Screenshot Courtesy of Neiman Marcus)

With so many beautiful DVFs wrapped delicately around the necks, shoulders and heads of so many models, I simply had to find myself a lovely printed silk scarf to push my look to model perfection. A trip to the Lord & Taylor warehouse was most definitely in order. Luckily for me the entire warehouse was on sale when I got to Wilkes-Barre and the scarves were marked down to $8.99. Within 15 minutes I found a beautiful 100% silk Adrienne Landau square scarf, printed with bright summery stripes.

This scarf can be worn with so many different pieces in my wardrobe. If two tips of the square are tied together it gives the effect of an infinity scarf, endlessly wrapping around my neck. For a more proper look you can twist and finagle it into a thinner scarf and tie it in a french knot. The traditional way to tie a scarf works well too for a more conservative look.

I can see why scarves are the "it" item of the summer. With so many different uses and combinations they can easily be carried from the summer into the other four seasons making them an investment worth the splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment