Boden, The US Storefront

In the past I have gone crazy over the Boden warehouse sales. Luckily I no longer need to wake up early and wait outside for hours for the chance to grab some Boden garb at a discounted rate because the UK retailer has made the brilliant decision to open it's only US retail location in Pittston, PA--just a short five minute jaunt from my humble abode. Bravo Boden, this is a choice well made.

Beginning a few months back during the chiller winter months, my mother and I began on Saturday morning outings to the Boden clearance store on Main Street. It wasn't long before the sales associates knew us by name and had a general idea of what we would be looking at (dresses, blazers and sweaters but never ever pants). I'm going to be completely honest, my mom normally ends up buying more than I do--she has cash and I am lacking / a lot of the clothes are more her speed. Never an impulse buyer we usually end up going home where my mother then ponders if she should have bought the long black sweater with the bobble buttons, if the sweater will still be there tomorrow and finally how stupid she is for not buying the bobble sweater. She then wakes me up the next morning and we go back so she can buy the sweater. Needless to say I am never taking her shopping in NYC.

I have gone into detail about Boden in two previous posts so at this point if you do not know what the brand is click here and if you want to read about the infamous warehouse sales click here. From this point forward this post is about the deals and steals of the expanding clearance store.

The greatest discovery I have made since the opening of the clearance center is that Boden has a limited edition collection called Boden Limited Edition. Most of what I have bought from the store has been limited edition, it is of a much higher quality and is sold at a flat rate of $50. One of the first things that I got was a purple eyelet limited edition dress (seen right, far left side). I have never gotten so many compliments on a single piece of clothing as I have on this dress. It is a rare piece of clothing that allows you to feel completely confident and totally sexy but professional all at the same time. I saved it for a special occasion and wore it for my university newspaper editorial interview and rocked it.


I also picked up this grey wool blazer with velvet trim and mustard silk lining (above, middle). It is also from the limited edition collection and I have yet to wear it because it is July / 100 degrees / what professional occasions do I have during the summer. During that same visit my grandmother got me a new raincoat (left). It's pink and purple polka-dots and lined in fleece. Adore. The only other thing I have bought at the store is a new printed tunic (above, far right) which is actually in their current catalogue. It is made of a very light cotton and features very happy colors. It was a good choice for $30.

As I said earlier, it is my mother who has been making out like a bandit at Boden--she actually told her friend that she feels like shopping there is stealing because there is not way you could get that quality for that price. On one of our first trips there she pulled a brown leather jacket (right) off a mannequin and ended up buying it for $50. She is also the person to find cashmere among the piles of cotton sweaters and the best dresses, like a fuchsia and tangerine maxi reminiscent of Tibi's hit this summer.

My favorite thing about the clearance store is that they use flat rate pricing. I would recommend popping over one weekend, it's totally worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment