Fashion Fixation: Silky Summer

The Fashion Forecast: Summer is all about being casual, cool and comfy. This being said this month I am fixating on silk. This is more general than previous fixations but it is truly the only thing I want to wear once the temperature rises above 100 degrees.

My Picks:
Equipment 
Nothing in more breezy than a good silk shirt and where better to get a great shirt than Equipment. Their sleeveless signature is a 100% silk button-up blouse that is airy enough to wear on a hot summer day without looking sleazy.

Blouses like this remind me of the '90s. Strange, I know but when I was a kid I was a huge fan of the sleeveless blouse. Occasionally I would even tie the bottom into a knot, something that is totally possible with this top.

Nordstrom
               With a top so casual I like to wear a more structured skirt. Thankfully an all silk outfit is still possible and kate spade new york is just the brand to look to for the perfect skirt. So look I did and I stumbled upon this purple pleated number at Nordstrom.

The print is fun, summery and almost geometric making it trendy and timeless. The length is appropriate for any situation and the high sitting waist making it conservatively lady-like.

The fun thing about wearing silk pieces is that they are automatically softer in appearance an easy to juxtapose with a more edgy fabric or accessory for a very powerful statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment