Serendipitous Splendor

Resk'Que poses with Derell at the XVI Lounge
You too may have met him in person at one of those “who’s who” events or seen him in action during any fashion week around the world. A quick glance and possibly a second look may suggest a resemblance to Will.I.Am or Andre 3000 but take a third look and you will rather not make such comparisons. Redeemer Resk’Que, has a style of his own, cleaner and sharper in his approach to fashion and style, unlike any other person I have met.
Resk’Que is a fashion producer, Executive Editor and publisher of iFashion Network, more so, he is the mind behind iConcept Media Group, a full service marketing, media and communications agency. His branding portfolio of work is very diverse, working with many brands including Nissan, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Sony Ericson, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lourdinha Noyama, Carlos Miele and many more up and coming emerging designer brands especially in the fashion industry that he’s helped launched. He is also the man behind the red Prada baroque shades.

I only knew that later on as I weaved through the crowd at the XVI Lounge while attending a Society’s Choice event for Dorivee Shapiro, a vibrant 30-something who is battling stage four breast cancer. I felt like Carrie Bradshaw as I sipped my lemon drop martini and gazed upon Manhattan on my concept of the perfect New York night.

It was as my eye line lowered that I spotted something very different than everything and everyone at the event. Standing near the candles that were in to process of being lit was a tall man wearing an orange turban, purple blazer, plaid shirt and bow tie. I noticed none of this. I noticed his red Prada baroque sunglasses.

I tapped the tall man on the shoulder, feeling the need to share my admiration for the memorable sunglass by Ms. Prada and then felt very short as I complimented him and his two six-foot something model friends, a common occurrence for those of us 5’5’’ and under.

I quickly felt at ease speaking to Resk’Que, as he introduced himself, and got right down to some chic chitchat. I had thought he was a stylist or a blogger. I was wrong. He was actually the hybrid businessman/philanthropist/fashion guru behind iConcept Media Group. We spoke for a short time— as I told him about my blog and ambassadorship with the Manhattan based brand Milly NY.
Resk'Que on the move during NYFW
As our conversation came to a close Resk’Que asked to keep in touch and then he exited the rooftop of the XVI Lounge, leaving me to the benefit and Manhattan.

Resk’Que thrives on being unique and unique individuals, going as far as trade marking his signature line and the pitch of iConcept Media, “What’s your concept?” It is no wonder that he saw something in me, because I saw something in him. Like the old saying goes—great minds think alike.

Like myself, he started his career as an editor of his collegiate newspaper; perhaps this is one of the reasons why we hit it off so well that night at the XVI Lounge.

Humble beginnings have proven throughout history to create the most memorable of men and Redeemer Resk’Que is poised to become one of them, proving that with the right concept, anyone can get anywhere.

*All photos were pulled from Resk'Que's Facebook Fan Page.

1 comment: