Shopping Season Starts: Boden Sale


When I opened my email only one week ago to see this message my heart skipped a beat. The Boden Clearance Sale was happening yet again and I was beyond ready to get my shop on.

I arrived to the warehouse around 8:15am that morning and am happy to say that I was 99 in line and the  first batch of shoppers allowed to enter the sale of the season was stopped at 100. I got to talking to the women behind me in line who had to wait an additional 15 minutes to get in once 10am came. While the one woman lived locally her sister-in--law had come in from Cleveland, Ohio to shop the sale. These women had never shopped a sale like this before and were all too precious with their many questions regarding sizing, lines, changing rooms and general expectations. Oh newbies, you got behind the right girl!

By the time we finished talking it was time to start shopping and I was ready. As soon as I got in the building I quickly walked to the table marked six to eight (all sizing was UK so that is where the two to four sized clothing would be). Luckily for me there was no one on the one side of the table so I got right in there and started grabbing printed tunics and dresses and jamming them into my shopping bags. In the 15 minutes I was in the warehouse I had filled both of the large tote bags I brought and had established that there was nothing else of interest on the table. It was time to try on my prospective purchases.

Boden employees made several changes to the sale this time around and thankfully one of these modifications was to create a changing space for women (sorry guys, but the bathroom will have to do). After finding a spot by a mirror to try on my grabs and seeing far too much of many other women I managed to minimize my pile from more than 25 items to five pieces that I was crazy over. 

While I have never been nor am I now a fan of those "haul" videos, I do want to share with you what I found and would love to hear your feedback. This printed tunic is made of cotton and modal and could not be more comfortable. I was drawn to the wild print and scooped neck. My favorite detail though is the extra large seams. These wide seams make this modern look have a retro feel, perfect for this fall season.



It looks stunning paired with leggings that look like denim and flats. It might just be my favorite item in my closet!

The kelly green blazer seen below is perfect for me to wear to class with jeans and boots or to wear out to fancier fare. The lining is insanely soft on skin so wearing it is never stuffy. What drew me to it was the turquoise edging and contrast stitching detail all over the jacket.



What made this maybe a definite yes for me was finding a blouse that was wonderfully wacky and matched the blazer. I have recently been going through a major Marc Jacobs obsession. What I love about his designs is how crazy most of the pieces seem and yet they just flow like a fine wine, you just cannot get enough. 



While this combo is way too New England prep to be Marc Jacobs it translates an ideal into a new style that I would totally (and in this case can afford) to wear. The opposing fabric on the interior of the shirt cuffs looks precious rolled up over the blazer sleeve and is a look that I wear often.

I ended up buying the first thing I put in my bag, a wool sweater dress. The multi-color detail around the arms and neck made this simple dress pop. Paired with navy tights and a pair of prissy pumps I am good to go anytime of day or night.



Being practical in my life (which is generally completely impractical) is important to me when buying clothes. The last thing I bought was a blue-grey jacket that I swear I will wear all the time. 


The details in all of the above are seriously stylish and make me jump for joy. I leap even more when I think that I walked back to my car with $400+ worth of Boden buys for just $120 (the regular cost of a sweater dress from the brand). 



No comments:

Post a Comment