Style Storm, in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup
Twitter is an amazing little device. Since starting a Twitter in May I have discovered so many wonderful brands through the "follow" system. Most recently I was followed by an account named stormteacup and I have since fallen in love with their one-of-a-kind vintage jewelry by a fashionable Brit named Jennifer.

Storm in a Teacup/
Love Me Not Necklace
I tend to like things that are unique, one-of-a-kind of sorts, and in the age of the internet finding these types of things is incredibly difficult. Storm in a Teacup reminds me of a small town thrift store, owned by that lovely lady that everyone likes to talk to.  The site's background colors are a muted tan and pale pink and even their modern jewelry has a retro feel. What I love most about this site is their vintage-fare.

The first piece I saw was the "Love Me Not" necklace, seen left. The necklace resembles a clock, something I adore and constantly wear, but in the shape of a heart. In place of numbers telling you the time are the words "yes" and "no" and in place of watch hands, an arrow. The premise of the necklace is inspired, you turn the arrow to whether or not you are loved that day, something that could be difficult to tell someone, done in an artful way. The piece is made of vintage brass and is limited in production numbers, making it rare and unlikely that you will run into someone wearing the same one. It also has a rather long chain, making it perfect to wear over a tunic, if you're feeling indie, or button-up blouse, for a more put together look.
Storm in a Teacup/
Lorraine Cluster Necklace

Another piece I love from the UK based webstore is the Lorraine Cluster necklace, seen right. This necklace is from her modern collection and consists of a silver plated chain with a cluster of an opaque glass daisy, a mint green Swarovski crytsal a silver plated heart, an etched bone bead on  top of a silver filigree ball. Is is simply fun, different and exactly what I would want to wear on the daily to make my outfit stand out just a little bit.

In the past I have never been a fan of February 14th, Valentines' Day (or Singles Awareness Day, depending on your current relationship status) but given my recent happiness in this department for the first time in 19 year I am looking forward to V-Day and speaking for any lady, these pieces would be perfection for this day of l-o-v-e.

Storm in a Teacup/
Emma Multi-Way Tie
When your not looking to wear your heart around your neck, Storm in a Teacup carries several other pieces that are simply fabulous for the everyday. My favorite of these being the Emma Multi-Way Tie in navy. I am a huge fan of navy and crazy bracelets. Normally I will buy a long beaded necklace and then wrap it around my wrist a million times until it looks like I am wearing a fantastic brace of sorts. The Emma Tie, seen left, is meant to be twisted and wrapped around your wrist, your neck and even your head if you are feeling like a disco hippie that day.

My favorite thing about this tie is the charms at each end of the animal-friendly faux-suade. The mini leaf, trefoil key and the "made with love" pebble add to this chic creation's terms of endearment. The best part about the line is that none of the pieces will break your bank, most retail for under $35 US.

No comments:

Post a Comment