Style Splash: Pop of Pink

C&CB is proud to introduce our new photo feature "Style Splash" and our new contributor Mary Bove, exclusively featuring Mary Bove Photography.

It's that time of year again where we buy tons of candy hearts, flowers, and bears while ogling over our crushes or loved ones. However one thing most people do not think about on Valentine's Day is fashion! Pink is one of the most trendy colors, in my opinion, and what better day to rock a nice splash other than the holiday of love!

"A Cut Above" from Essie
I took this photo of freshman Mary Hawes holding Essie nail polish because I absolutely loved the color, "A Cut Above". I think that a little bit of sparkle in nail polish is super in right now. Not to mention that Essie has a great variety and a fab price-point to match.

The nail color can be worn any day of the year, but on Valentines' Day it is holiday perfection. Wear it with red, black, pink or even grey! This tone is super versatile and the perfect splash of color.

I took this next photo because I love photographing the lips.  I found these really awesome sprinkles a few months before Valentines' Day about two years ago and I figured why not?

I think the colors are fashionable especially with this new color blocking trend blowing up this spring season. What two colors could get along better than a luscious red and prefect pink. Not only that but I have been seeing lips become more prominent in the fashion industry recently in magazines and on runways. While some could argue this is due to the Lady Gaga effect, I find the lips to be the perfect subject to play with, photograph and dress up.

The photo to the left is of Misericordia University senior Marcy Bronsburg. I saw her outfit one day in class and I thought it was super cute and oh so chic! I knew I had to do a write up for Valentines' day and her pink skirt just screamed "photograph me!"

I asked her where she got her clothes from and her response was Hot Topic and Plato's Closet, proving that you don't have to buy designer to rock a look. Marcy's style continued to be spot on with her make-up. The pink lip she has is so suitable for this holiday!

My final picture is of the classic Valentines' Day staple, candy conversation hearts. While these candies are not necessarily fashion related, there is nothing that screams V-Day like the pastel colored candies with there semi-witty sayings. Worst-comes-to-worst if your Valentines' Day looks like it is going to be a bummer, grab a box and go find your guy! If they don't start a conversation with "the one" at least you will be filled up with sugary goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment