SPONSORED: One Giant Leap for Snowy Chic


In case you haven’t noticed, it’s June. This being said I am obviously thinking about the arrival of fall three months from now and the transition from the sandals that I just brought out to my beloved boots. True lovers of fashion are always thinking to the future: what are the trends for next season, what shapes should I look at and most of all – what will I wear this with. Sometimes - in order to answer that question – you need to look back in time and pull from the styles of yesteryear.

Once the weather cools off again and my boots are broken out of their boxes I plan on looking back about 40 years for some retro inspiration from Tecnica USA. If you still haven’t pieced this together allow me to build you a more clear equation.

Cooler Weather + Boot Obsession – 40 Years = Moon Boots

I’ve always had a love of the iconic. So how could I pass up an opportunity to try out a shoe that was voted by the Louvre as one of the most iconic silhouettes in history?

Moon Boots are the perfect fusion of fashion and sport. Inspired after watching the landing on the moon over 40 years ago, Italian designer Giancarlo Zanatta designed The "Original" Moon Boot. Unchanged today, the Classic Moon Boots remain one of the most recognizable pieces of footwear.
The Original Moon Boot in White

Upon opening my box from Tecnica I had several thoughts:

1.) These match my Spyder ski outfit perfectly.
2.) It doesn’t feel like I’m holding anything.
3.) Are the bottoms of these boots round?

Moon Boots are incredibly light – as a matter of fact – when I put them on I felt like I was walking on a cloud. They also don’t have a right or left foot. At first this perplexed me but upon sticking my feet into them I couldn’t stop smiling and stopped thinking about it.

They are possibly the happiest piece of footwear I have ever worn.

W.E. Moon Boot Gipsy in Black
Looking more into the brand I was pleased to see that they come in a magnitude of pop colors and various styles ranging from nylon to glitter and fur. Recently the boot evolved and the West East Moon Boot collection was born. The West East is a slimmer silhouette then the Original Moon Boot Most importantly still maintaining the "Original" identity, adding a bit more day-to-day functionality.

While Moon Boots are not for those who shy away from attention, I can promise you that if you chose to join me and don these spaceage kicks this winter you will be comfortable, warm and a tad shouty yet super chic.

You can see all Moon Boots on Tecnica's website.

This post was powered by BrandBacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment